This is a very specific and unique workshop run by men for men – it is exclusive to DaddyNatal, led by Dean, the only trained male Antenatal Educator in the UK.
During the course we will cover the traditional sides of birth but there will also be a very focused approach to what the man can expect during pregnancy, labour and the first few weeks after. The objective of the course is to supply men with the tools and information they require to be as involved in the process as they want to be, to be the support that their partner can feel confident in and rely on, and to be the father in those early days they wish to be.
The DaddyNatal course content includes:
- Pregnancy and the support your partner may need
- Addressing the normal fears of becoming a parent (even if its not your first child) both your fears and your partners
- Antenatal Bonding why and how
- Recognising that labour has started and what to do (encouraging labour, eating and drinking, etc)
- When to go to hospital or call the midwife
- Stages of labour
- How to use your BRAIN
- Pain relief options
- Medical interventions
- The emotional roller coaster
- What to expect physically and emotionally, after your partner has given birth
- handling a newborn and any other fears or concerns.
- Supporting your partner in feeding
Your course fee also includes:
- Class support materials
- Ongoing support from DaddyNatal- via email or telephone after your session.
Our workshop is independent and completely non-judgmental, our aim is to provide you with all your options so you can be confident in the choices which you make.
We are flexible about when you attend, but would suggest it is between 20 and 34 weeks of your partner’s pregnancy. However, we recommend attending earlier rather than later as it will give you a chance to practice the exercises from the workshop in time for the birth.